will feature the works of five Piedmont artists this weekend and next as part of the popular ProArts Open Studios 2012.
The exhibit will be on view Saturday and Sunday, June 2-3, and the following weekend, June 9-10, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The public is also invited to an artists' reception Saturday, June 2, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the center, 801 Magnolia Ave.
The featured artists are Valerie Corvin, abstract paintings; Lorna Strotz, encaustic paintings; Larraine Seiden, encaustic paintings; Karen Stanton, collaged paintings and mosaics; and Bonnie Bonner, botanical paintings and prints.
Nearby, the many open studio sites include:
- Rohilah Guy, 4500 Gilbert St., #524, Oakland, paintings and photography
- Lisa Rose, 4364 Piedmont Ave. (video room), Oakland, drawings
- Jaren Dahlstrom, 3924 Lakeshore Ave., Oakland, paintings and printmaking. At the same address: Ryan Medlin, mixed media and paper; Nila Oakes, photography
- Charles Moulton, 812 Rosemount Rd., Oakland, drawings and paintings
- Judy Levit, 3298 Lakeshore Ave., Studio B, Oakland, paintings and drawings. At the same address: Jane Norling, paintings and printmaking
- Liz Maxwell. 5808 Chabot Rd., Oakland, paintings and printmaking
- Dodie Shoemaker, 5255 Miles Ave., Oakland, paintings and furniture
- Alec MacLeod, 5324 Lawton Ave., Oakland, mixed media
For information on other open studios and maps, visit the ProArts website.