Updated March 5, 2012. New photos of some of the winning houses.
The Planning Commission will honor and their architects, engineers, contractors and neighbors at a reception in the courtyard at Monday, March 12, at 5 p.m., followed by an awards ceremony at 5:45 p.m. in the City Hall council chambers.
The winners are:
- New House on a Challenging Site, 155 Maxwelton Road
(excellent design and attractive amenities on a difficult site)
- New House in the Craftsman Revival Style, 198 Maxwelton Road
(a beautifully done rebuild with attention to architectural detail)
- Second Story Addition, 128 Arbor Drive
(a very well-integrated design)
- Seamless Addition, 1900 Oakland Ave.
(seamless construction with respect to historical character)
- Renovation, 10 Lorita Ave.
(a well-done complete remodel)
The Piedmont Planning Commission announced recipients of its 2012 Design Awards in February (read about the announcement here).