The Piedmont Planning Commission Friday announced recipients of its 2012 Design Awards in the following categories:
- New House on a Challenging Site, 155 Maxwelton Road
(excellent design and attractive amenities on a difficult site)
- New House in the Craftsman Revival Style, 198 Maxwelton Road
(a beautifully done rebuild with attention to architectural detail)
- Second Story Addition, 128 Arbor Drive
(a very well-integrated design)
- Seamless Addition, 1900 Oakland Ave.
(seamless construction with respect to historical character)
- Renovation, 10 Lorita Ave.
(a well-done complete remodel)
The Design Awards will be presented by the Planning Commission at its meeting on Monday, March 12. The event will begin with a reception at 5 p.m. at City Hall and will be followed by the presentation of the awards in the Council Chambers at 5:30 p.m.
Watch for photos of the winning projects next week.