The Piedmont Planning Commission is giving out its Piedmont Design Awards to seven homeowners for projects completed in 2010.
There is a reception for the winners at 5 p.m. Monday in the courtyard of City Hall, 120 Vista Ave., followed by the Planning Commission’s regular meeting at 5:30 p.m. in City Hall.
The winners are:
- Best Second Unit, 110 Sunnyside Ave., for its respect for the property's historic architecture;
- Best Garage 140 Monticello Ave, for its well integrated design;
- Best Outdoor Living Area, 213 Bonita Ave., for its attractive deck and landscaping;
- Best Second Story Addition, 407 Linda Ave., for its lovely design;
- Best Sustainable Remodel, 29 Sylvan Way, a complete remodel with a sustainable design.
- Best Historic Remodel, 31 Jerome Ave., a beautiful renovation;
- Best Two-Story Rear Addition, 58 Lakeview Ave., for its seamless construction with attractive detailing and amenities.