To Beach Elementary School parents who will be putting their kids on the bus for the first time next week, Wildwood Elementary parents say not to worry.
The , while that school was undergoing seismic safety retrofits and modernization, and now .
"The bus drivers were awesome and the communication from the bus company was good," said Natalie Williamson, president of the Wildwood Parents Club.
Williamson compiled this advice for parents of students headed to "Beach By the Bay," as they've dubbed the school's temporary home in Emeryville:
- exchange cell phone numbers with the other parents at your bus stop;
- if possible, have one adult (teacher or teacher's aide) on your bus;
- make sure the kids have a book available to read, and pencils handy to do homework;
- if your child needs an assigned seat get them one;
- enjoy the extra time while the kids are on the bus!
What words of wisdom do you have to share with parents putting their kids on the bus?