Piedmont Portal, a new website focusing on Piedmont's K-12 public schools, launched publicly this weekend.
According to the announcement of the launch, the Piedmont Portal aims to be "a dynamic, online gateway for K-12 parents and community members that brings together information about the school district, community, and a multitude of support organizations for our children under one roof."
Features so far include a detailed calendar of events, information on the and school fundraising, and lots of links to individual schools, enrichment and youth sports programs, news stories about education and other resources.
The developers say its goals are to:
- Raise awareness of important district funding issues, especially parcel tax information and how state funding works
- Educate parents and community members about our collective purpose -- how we all work together to support our schools and sense of community
- Highlight events and activities related to fundraising efforts in town via a shared calendar
- Share news items related to schools that are of interest to all
- Streamline fundraising across all groups by making online donations easy
- Feature photos of students and community members supporting our collective purpose
- Eventually host a secure, online version of the Student Directory
The team that developed the website includes Andrea Swenson, Mary Ireland, Holly Hanke and June Monach.
You can send feedback about the new site to firstname.lastname@example.org.