From a Havens Parents Club press release:
On Thursday, June 14, the community will gather to celebrate the career and retirement of Tery Susman, principal at .
The Havens Parents Club is hosting the event, scheduled from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the l. The public is invited. This event is for adults — no children, please.
Vicky O’Bresly, president of the Havens Parent Board, is collecting good wishes to include in a book to be presented to Susman at the party. Please send any photos and wishes from past students, present students and others to email@example.com.
Susman has had an incredible career as an administrator and teacher and she has touched many lives. As her most recent report card shows, she will be dearly missed for the following reasons:
- Susman has mastered the ability to multitask, explaining the importance of using soap to kindergartners as well as the need not to make giant soapy toilet paper bombs in the bathroom to fifth graders.
- She has the ability to find humor in grave situations involving spilled lunches, scraped knees and head lice.
- She has the ability to draw energy from mysterious sources, being pleasant and helpful to worried helicopter parents who call on her every 30 minutes.
- She has the ability to be clairvoyant, seeing beyond the restlessness or feigned boredom to reach the unique individual hiding behind such appearances.
- She has the ability to do the impossible — getting girls to stop chattering and boys to stop looking out the window when it’s time to pay serious attention.
- And Susman has the ability to change people’s lives, sharing the excitement of learning with students and colleagues alike.