Here's the schedule of important dates for the March 5, 2013 special election in Piedmont, according to the Alameda County Registrar of Voters. Only one item will be on the ballot, Measure A, the school support tax.
Piedmont Unified School District's Board of Education approved an amended version of the ballot measure on Dec. 11. It will, if aproved by voters, replace the current school parcel tax structure with a flat tax of $2,406 per parcel starting July 1, 2013. The measure requires two-thirds majority approval by voters to pass.
From the Registrar's Office:
All registered voters in Piedmont Unified School District are eligible to vote in this Special Election.
- Last day to submit Direct Arguments For/Against a measure – Friday, December 14, 2012
- Last day to submit Rebuttal Arguments For/Against a measure – Friday, December 21, 2012
- First day to mail Voter Information Guide/Sample Ballots - Thursday, January 24, 2013
- Early Voting will begin on Monday, February 4, 2013
- Close of Voter Registration Period - Monday, February 18, 2013
- Last day to request a Vote By Mail Ballot - Tuesday, February 26, 2013
- Measure A (PDF - 37kb) *
Polling Locations: Polling Place information will be available closer to the election.
Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on March 5, 2013.
Don't miss a day of Piedmont news, opinion and events. Sign up for the Piedmont Patch e-newsletter here.
'Like' us on Facebook and follow us on twitter @PiedmontPatch.